Saturday, October 18, 2008

Letter 9-29-08

Dear family,First off, if you remember from last week, I mentioned how I hit a little 7 year old girl in the car. Well, she is doing perfectly fine. We talked with her and her mom this week and she is the funniest little girl. She is big-boned and hard-headed. She has also grown up with 2 older brothers so she is a very tough little girl. Like I said, she got right up afterwards and walked to her mom. She was at school within a few days and at school she was actually bragging about the fact that she got hit by a car, got up, and walked to her mother. It was quite funny to hear. I bought her a Hannah Montana CD as a little gift. Apparently, Hannah Montana is quite the thing amongst the girls in the younger generation these days. She liked it a lot. So everything is ok.Bruce – you mentioned a few things. First – how did I know that you quit football and band? Well…I’m a missionary. I know everything… Second – how does it work to be writing a non-member and is there any rules or guidelines or anything like that? Well, no rules. No guidelines. I’d just write like I was writing any other person. I’d just talk to him like I have always talked to him. I can just be a little more sneaky and use gentle boldness about the gospel. Ok, I’ll confess. I knew about you quitting band and football because someone named Mom told me. Get mad at her.So last week I forgot to mention, we had one of our investigators get married. Yay!!! She’s not breaking the law of chastity any more. Now she can get baptized. Only one minor problem. She works like all day every day so it is like impossible to get a hold of her to teach her. In the 5 weeks we have been her, we have talked to her a lot, but only had one lesson. We’ve tried, but she is always too busy.So this week has been interesting. A while back, L Tom Perry told the mission presidents that everyone in the states needs to be teaching 20 lessons a week. Well, that’s been kinda hard to reach. The highest total lessons that I’ve had in one week was 12 or 13. Usually its somewhere between 8 and 12. Well, this last week was horrid. We got a total of 5 lessons taught. 2 to investigators and 3 to members. It was bad, but its not like it was our fault. That’s just what happened. We tried our hardest, but we just couldn’t get in if our lives depended on it. However, 5 lessons in one week wasn’t the interesting thing. The interesting thing is what happened at church. We had 6 investigators show up at church. It was quite the pleasant surprise. More investigators at church than lessons taught. If you only look at lessons taught to investigators, our church attendance tripled our lessons. Its not very often that that happens. Now the next task is to get things accomplished with this area and take advantage. We’ll work hard as always and we’ll see what happens. I’ll take the Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego attitude in Daniel chapter 3. I’ll trust that the lord will help us to get this town going and the investigators to progress in the gospel because we have a lot of people at a standstill right now, but if not, we’ll always trust in him and never give up.That’s it for this week. I’d give a new trivia, but this other one in previous weeks still hasn’t been answered.

Peace Out all!
Elder Adam R Droge
The DrogeMiester

No comments: