Sunday, May 17, 2009

Letter 5-11-09

Dear Family,

So the letter to the family right after the phone call home is always a weird one because I already told you everything yesterday and we had a great conversation. That was a lot of fun having that 150 way call. It was like everyone was gathered together in one place. I will admit that I feel bad for David, Greg, and Mike dying down and not being able to talk, but only listening. That's never fun, but I guess it's better than nothing. There was one thing I wanted to talk about. I think it was Annie that asked a question and because of something happening and me getting sidetrack, the question was never answered. The question had to do with the population of the branches/wards that I'd been in and which one was biggest. Well, Midland, my first area was the biggest. It was a normal sized ward like back home. There would be 200 – 300 people at church each week. I went from there to Brady. Brady met in a house that was dedicated into a church and felt like a church inside. 40 – 50 people came each week. Eastland was my next area and there was/is now 30 – 40 people that come every week. Brady and Eastland were branches. My 4th area, Big Spring, was technically a ward, and the chapel was a normal sized chapel, but I considered it a Branch on steroids. 60 – 70 people came each week. That chapel looked fairly empty every week. It could fit 300 people easily. So thats that. I really have nothing else to say. Everyone have a great week. There is a cool story that happened to us in Breckenridge last week, but I'll save that for next week so that I can have something to write about. Mwa ha ha. And no mom, it doesn't have anything to do with Breckenridge being the highest city in the United States per capita to get away with murder (that is worded funny, but you get the idea. Lots of crime). I just hope I don't forget... anyways, peace out.

Elder Adam R Droge

The DrogeMiester

No comments: