Dear Family,
This week has felt like a weird week. I have been so used to having P-day on Monday that now that it is on Thursday, I feel like this is my 2nd P-day this week. This is also going to make the week go by fast because now that I am emailing it feels that it is only Monday, but yet it’s already Thursday and my brain is all confused. This week was also the infamous trading deadline as I like to call it. Transfer week. No I am not leaving Roswell. But I bring that I because I now have a new companion. Elder Pitts, the old companion, is gone. I wish the best for him. I did my best to help him out and put my full effort into helping us be united, but nothing worked. No matter what I did, the guy yelled at me and treated me like dirt. I couldn’t please him. Oh well. Life goes on. I just hope that his mission will change him like it has many thousands of other missionaries. I am way excited for this new companion, though. His name is Elder Trason Thode from Blanding, Utah. He has only been out 6 weeks, but is way humble and spiritual. He has a great knowledge of the gospel. After only one day I can already tell that this will be a great transfer. We will get along great. The spirit is here in much greater abundance and I can feel the striking contrast from last transfer where the spirit seemed absent much of the time.
One thing of note, yesterday while I was waiting for my new companion to get here, we got a call from the Ruidoso Elders. There was a young couple named Freddie and Elizabeth that Elder Wheeler and I were teaching that moved to Ruidoso. We passed them over to the Ruidoso Elders and they picked up the teaching. Yesterday the call to us was that Freddie and Elizabeth were back down in Roswell and the great news is that they now have a baptismal date for November 1st that the Ruidoso Elders set with them. We talked with them last night and they are way excited for that date. I’ll let you know how that goes. Also, there is another young couple named Mike and Kristy that we’ve been working with. Mike is a less active member and Kristy is his nonmember girlfriend (hopefully wife in the very near future). Mike has showed a sincere desire to come back to church and has followed through with that desire. He has come to church the last 2 weeks and is doing everything that he can. The great thing is that since this, Kristy has started to follow in his footsteps and has actually come to church with him the last 2 weeks. We plan on following up with her to see how she feels about the church and about baptism. Hopefully all will go well.
I am now about to sign off, but I will do so by making a small request. If you remember we were working with a Strangite Mormon lady. We had a chat with her this last week and she has a strong testimony of Joseph Smith, but yet is confused. She doesn’t believe in lots of the doctrines of our church. One particular one being the statement, “As man is, God once was, as God is man may become.” She thinks Brigham Young came up with that doctrine, but I was wanting to show her that Joseph Smith taught that as well, because she seems like she is really humble and open, just a little misdirected in my mind. If someone could get a hold of the King Follet Sermon by Joseph Smith and send me a copy as soon as possible, that would be appreciated. Thanks and have a great week.
Elder Adam R Droge
The DrogeMiester
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment