Dear Family,
Well, the verdict has come and it has been decided that we will take P-day on Wednesday this week, so thus I am writing today. It’ll actually be kinda weird because we don’t go out on Thanksgiving anyway so they are pretty much giving us two P-days this week. I’d say it’s sad to have to miss out on the work, but yet no one has wanted to talk to us much at all this week, so it’s ok. For some odd reason people want to spend time with their families this Thanksgiving week instead of the Mormon missionaries. Strange. So we will relax for the next two days. Or, more or less, get our faces stuffed with food, gain 50 pounds, and not have a desire to touch food again for a week. We had our first Thanksgiving dinner yesterday with two recent converts, Dominique Williams and Shameka Hill and we have three more meals planned for tomorrow: Breakfast at 9 am, Lunch at 3 pm, and Dinner at 7 pm. It will be lots of fun. It’s also a great time to reflect on all of the things that we are thankful for. Sometimes I am saddened when Thanksgiving gets jumped over due to the big shadow of Christmas looming behind it. Right after Halloween, the stores are stuffed full with Christmas stuff and people get so excited that they forget this tiny little holiday called Thanksgiving and forget to express thanks to others. I was reading in Mosiah chapter 2 this week and was reminded of a great Thanksgiving lesson. The most important person that we need to give thanks to this holiday season is, as Benjamin puts it, our Heavenly King. The specific passage I pondered over is right after the famous passage where it is stated that if we are in the service of our fellow beings, we are only in the service of our God. Benjamin states that if we should spend our whole lives in service of our God and thanking him we would still be unprofitable servants. He states beautifully that we are always indebted to God. I hope we all would remember that and seek constantly to pour out our whole souls to God for the many great things he has done for us and given to us. That is my Thanksgiving message. I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. Till next Thursday!
Elder Adam R Droge
The DrogeMiester
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment