Thursday, July 3, 2008

Letter 6-30-08

Hey Family!

What is up? You must all be having tons of fun because you all forgot that I was on a mission in Texas. That’s ok. I forgive you. Its nice to get letters and thanks for those few select people who actually write consistently. I think its funny how very few people actually feel obligated to write and give me a bunch of excuses on why they don’t have to write, yet half the family threatens to disown me when I even say that I won’t send a letter. It’s funny because I’m the one that has absolutely no time to write and you all do. Don’t worry though, I don’t care if I don’t get letters and I don’t know why I am even talking about this, but I really have nothing to respond to. If you don’t send a letter, I’m not even going to be disappointed, but I’ll know who actually cares by seeing who takes 5 minutes out of their life each week to drop me a note. Anyone, I will move on and talk about me because I’m the one who everyone expects to hear about. ☺☺☺☺☺

By the way…. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAREST SAMMY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! I feel horrible. I have been so caught up in the missionary work that I forgot Sammy turned a year old. I guess that 8 month year old Sammy that is in my camera is the one that is stuck in my mind. I just thought that he was going to stay that age for the rest of his life. Guess not.

There were no takers on my two easy scripture trivias from last week. I guess they stand another week.

So I have an assignment for everyone. Go to the website YOUTUBE and search for Elder Johnston. That is the funniest video. It is a video of a missionary that was in this mission. He likes to rock out to certain music and most people know that, so one day his companion secretly turned on the video camera and turned on his favorite song, a jazzed up version of a child’s prayer and “went to the bathroom” and that’s where the video starts. So he is at his best because he is in his natural state with no one watching him and he has no idea that he is being recorded. Check it out and tell me how you liked it.

So I have a friend that got his mission call to North Carolina. I was thinking to myself that that was way cool, then I thought to myself that I know someone that lives (or lived) in North Carolina. Julien and his mom Catrine McGregor. Then that reminded me… NO ONE HAS GIVEN ME JULIEN’S ADDRESS SO I CAN SEND HIM A NOTE!!! Someone should do that. Remember that I have his phone number in my (Bruce’s) phone.

I think there is a conspiracy against me. You have all pledged not to tell me anything about football, NFL or BYU. Just feel lucky that there are a few people out here that I have gotten a little information from, like how Bryan Kehl got drafted in the 4th or 5th round, BYU was ranked in the preseason polls at #12, and a dude on ESPN.com predicted that BYU would go to a BCS Bowl Game against Oklahoma. The NFL offseason is almost my favorite thing to follow and I’ve heard a few things about what happened in free agency and the draft, but not much. And also be glad that there are people that watched the NBA playoffs, because absolutly no one from Drogeville said anything about that. Your conspiracy won’t work, I’ll get my information somehow, so you might as well write and tell me what happens. Thanks to Dave for telling me who the Jazz drafted. That was fun to hear.

Investigator update:

1- Milan Eoff – He is a 58 year old guy is the coolest and funniest guy ever. He is real smart and likes the message. He has searched his whole life for a religion and never found one he liked so much, even though he was baptized 4 times. He came to church yesterday and liked it. He made mention that he needs to be baptized. Now we just got to make sure that he knows it is true

2- Elmo, Gloria, and Brandon Minjarez – We originally talked to Elmo and he invited us back, so we set up an appointment and he wasn’t there. Nothing new, so we gave his son Brandon a card and told him to give it to his dad. No one ever calls the card, but this guy did, so we went back. Turns out he has lived a hard life and has just moved to Midland with his wife Gloria and son Brandon to start over and search for a church. They are all three commited to baptism, but they got sick and Gloria had to go to the hospital so they weren’t able to go to church and couldn’t and had to reschedule the appointment we had when we were going to set a baptisimal date. Once they get better we’ll go over

3- Robert – This guy is a really cool new investigator who has felt the consequences of not following God and has commited to put his life in the hands of God and will join the church if its what God wants him to do. He said that he was like a modern day Joseph Smith, searching for a church. He mentioned that his wife will be really excited when she finds out about this. He would’ve come to church, but he has a 3 week old daughter that isn’t supposed to go outside

Anyway, that’s all for now. I have to go. Talk to you all later.

Elder Adam R Droge

Alienator345

No comments: