Hey Family,
Well, the scripture challenge of the week was finally solved. Wendy said it was easy, but she just didn’t know that I had a new one. Ha! Excuses, Excuses… Dad wins this time. I heard that he had it long before Wendy wrote.
Anyway, I have a new one, I don’t know how harder it is, but it’s just the weirdest story I’ve ever heard. These scriptures are the climax of the story:
“Then came the woman in the dawning of the day, and fell down at the door of the man’s house where her lord was, till it was light. And her lord rose up in the morning, and opened the doors of the house, and went out to go his way: and, behold, the woman his concubine was fallen down at the door of the house, and her hands were upon the threshold. And he said unto her, Up, and let us be going. But none answered. Then the man took her up upon [a donkey], and the man rose up and gat him unto his place. And when he was come into his house, he took a knife, and laid hold on his concubine, and divided her, together with her bones, into twelve pieces, and sent her into all the coasts of Israel.”
Now that’s not cool. I’d at least have a funeral if it were me… how 'bout one more. This one is a funny one to quote:
“Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.”
That’s a real scripture, I promise…
Ok, now it’s time to get serious. So I hear that Bruce got a job at Arctic Circle. That is way awesome. Now, Bruce, where much is given, much is required. You are now responsible for getting everyone there that knows me to send a letter… … If you fail, I won’t hit you too hard. At least get Nicky Addair (if he is still there) to send me the address of his brother Kenny, who is on his mission to the Texas Fort Worth mission.
Now this week was really interesting. We live at the top of our area with the Bushman’s. 3 times this week we had a tire pop on us. First was Elder Larrabee’s bike. Brother Bushman helped us fix that. Then my back tire got a small nail in it. We got that fixed the morning 2 days later and then at lunch my other tire gave out as well. Grr… Good thing the Elders quorum president is a bike expert. He helped me fix it. Told me I had the right tubes and gave me a ton of advice on bikes and said he’d take me to Wal-Mart or Academy one of these days and give me everything that I need. So I am set with my bike. Hopefully the tubes will last a lot longer this time. It caused us to have to walk twice this week. It took just under an hour to walk to an appointment when it usually takes 15 minutes on a bike. Man, it’s useless and very unproductive to be on foot. I thought bikes were bad since there are more missionaries with cars than on bikes here in Texas, but walking is even worse.
It was also zone conference this week. President Rose gave an incredible speech on the apostasy and how Joseph Smith is the key to conversion out here. Speaking of President Rose, he goes home next Sunday when President Robison comes. He is released upon seeing President Robison. President Rose is one of the most powerful speakers that I have ever heard and it would be more than worth it to attend his homecoming. In fact if you miss it, you will be missing the experience of a lifetime. So put this on your calendars: Sunday July 13 at 2:45 PM. For directions to the church house, visit the Texas Lubbock Mission website. If you search in Google for Texas Lubbock Mission, it will be the first link. There, in the news, there is an announcement with information in it about the homecoming and directions to the Chapel. Be there or be square.
On Saturday we went on exchanges with the 2nd ward missionaries. I went into their area and taught one of their investigators, who is the coolest guy ever. His name is Steve Conley. He played in the NFL as a fullback for the Cincinnati Bengals for 9 years. He was drafted in the 5th round out of the University of Kansas. Someone should look him up on NFL.com. That would be fun. But yeah, he is in his 60’s now and will be baptized here sooner or later. We taught him about tithing, which was the last thing that he had to be taught. He comes to church every week and loves it. He just needs to start living some of the commandments more, the word of wisdom specifically, and he will be baptized. So that is way fun. I can cross off another thing of my life’s to do list: Teach a former NFL player who will eventually be baptized.
We got a couple of really cool investigators, but I will tell you about them once they start going somewhere. We have been in a lesson drought this transfer until this past week when it has started to pick up again.Anyway, that’s all for this week. I look forward to hearing about Father’s day, Annie’s birthday, and the trip to Kansas. Peace Out!
(DrogeTheElderTheAdamTheRichardTheMissionaryTheWas a deacon 6 years agoTheWas a teacher 3 years agoTheWas a priest 1 year agoThewill be home a day before Dave's 29th birthdayThewill be married in 3 or 4 yearsTheWill be a high priest in 20 or 30 yearsThebrother of ShawnTheBrother of ByronTheBrother of DavidTheBrother of GregTheBrother of AnnieTheSiamese twin of Adam (sort-of)TheBrother of BruceTheBrother of JosephTheBrother-in-law of BeccaTheBrother-in-law of ElizabethTheBrother-in-law of MichelleTheBrother-in-law of WendyTheBrother-in-law of MikeTheUncle of SarahTheUncle of EthanTheUncle of SammyTheUncle of NathanTheSon of LynnTheSon of MaxineTheFormer companion of Elder CravenTheFormer companion of Elder HillTheCompanion of Elder LarrabeeTheMissionary in the Midland 1st wardTheHouseguest of Blaine and Margine BushmanTheIs finally done with this listTheJust creamed Bruce once again in this long closing chain)
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment