Dear Family,
Hey, it's Greg's Birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREG!!!!!!
Life, like always, is treating me good. About the Christmas call. Quite honestly, I haven’t even thought about that too much. I guess it is time to start thinking since Christmas is next week. Wow, that sounds weird. It is strange to think it is Christmas already. I just get exasperated with how fast time has flown since I’ve been on my mission. My 10 month mark is this Saturday. How crazy. But back to the Christmas call, several sources have told me that everyone is going to be around Christmas evening at like 5 PM. That shouldn’t be a problem. All that I know about the specific call is from an email that President Robison just sent. It states:
“There are several options you can use for your Christmas calls to your families. One is to have your family call at a member's home. Another option is for you to use a calling card. The third option is to use your cell phone but we have not received the information from Sprint as to what hours you may call for no charge or a small charge. We will get that information this week and I will include it in an E-mail next Monday.”
So there you go. I’ll have more information next Monday because I would prefer calling you from our cell phone. So that is that.
This last week and a half has been really interesting in a not so good way. Why? Because, like everyone else, I got sick. Not just that though, I was plagued with several different things, one right after another. Starting right after Zone Conference, the first week of December. That Wednesday we were at a teaching appointment and my companion, Elder Romney, started feeling sick. After the appointment, we went home and he, as he described it to me, was exploding out of both ends (sorry if that was graphic, I couldn’t figure a better way to explain it ). I was going to study while he rested, but I was real tired, so I slept as well. That evening, he got feeling better, but it seemed like he passed it right on to me. Only difference from me and him was that mine lasted longer. By Saturday, I started to feel a little better, but then I was stricken with a fever of 101. That wasn’t very fun. The effects of both those illnesses lasted a little bit and as I was recovering, my throat started to hurt. Well, voice officially left me this last Thursday and although we still went out and worked, I was pretty much out of commission. That night was the worst. I couldn’t talk at all and we had an appointment with a part-member family that we’re teaching. Well, Elder Romney pretty much did a lesson all by himself while all I could do was to “sit around looking pretty.” That isn’t fun as a missionary. Well, just a few days ago, by Saturday my voice was back, but Saturday and Sunday evening I was once again stricken with an annoying fever, this one wasn’t as bad, but still. Now it is Tuesday and I am pretty much better, except for a nagging cough that has stayed.
So that is been my week. With no energy on my part, it was hard to feel effective. We still worked, but nothing to brag about. Yesterday was interviews, which is why I am writing today, our P-day got switched for this week only, and Thursday there will be another Zone Conference. This one is pretty much going to be a Christmas Party type thing. Relax and have a good time with the other missionaries. It is in Midland again because it is combined, so it’ll be fun to go back there again. We won’t be staying overnight, so we probably won’t see the Bushmans, but still.
That’s all I have for this week. I have a few more serious trivia questions to ask, but I’ll save that for a later time. Have a great week everyone!
Elder Adam R Droge
The DrogeMiester
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment