Dear Family,
Well, another week has come and gone. March is on its way out this week and in comes April. I have no idea what happened to March. I have been saying that every month now, you would think that I would get used to time going so fast, but I don’t. I’ve been trying to tell time to slow down but it hasn’t really listened, so I think I’ll just extend my mission for another year or two. I wonder if President Robison would let me do that. Not much news on my part. I am still doing great, although I think I’m a little depressed. My dad just died. Now don’t panic. To those of you who don’t know missionary lingo, that means my trainer just went home. Back to his small podunk ranch town of Carey, Idaho. The sad thing is that I never got to see him or talk to him after he left me on my own in Midland to a crazy second companion. He camped out in the panhandle and Roswell, New Mexico while I got stuck down south. Sounds like everyone is doing good, except for Greg; from what I hear, he got drunk and decided that BYU wasn’t good enough for him and made a decision to join the rebellious Shawn down in Georgia. What’s this whole Georgia move about? Isn’t that the place where the devil went down to? For those of you who are curious, I have every intention of being a good boy and staying in Utah when I get home.
But, hey, conference is this upcoming weekend. That is exciting. A few names to watch out for. Kevin W Pearson came to our mission this last November and I was really impressed with everything he told us. He is a cool guy. Watch for him to speak at some point during conference. I have a strong feeling he will. He just got sustained last April and usually they make the newer guys speak soon after they get sustained to the first quorum of the seventy. One more name to look out for. Our old mission president, D Brent Rose, would make an excellent Seventy. That would be fun. It will be interesting to see who the new apostle will be. I’m not going to try to predict that. Church callings have a tendency to be very unpredictable. I’d get it wrong. But anyways, I’m signing off. Everyone have a great week.
Elder Adam R Droge
The DrogeMiester
No comments:
Post a Comment