Dear Family,
Good news for this week. First off, Friday was a very good day. It was the day we celebrated Doubling Baptisms. The whole mission got together in Lubbock. Because of the large area that we cover in this mission, that was the first time the TLM got together like that. We took a professional picture in front of the Lubbock Temple. All of us will get a copy. That will be a great memoir. It was really good to see all the missionaries that I haven't seen in a while. One of the highlights is when our MTC district, the 4 of us that came to Texas anyway, was reunited for the first time since the first day out in the field. It was also the last time because Sister Moyes, our MTC-TLM sister finishes up her mission in two weeks, having just hit 18 months last week. I still refuse to accept the fact that I've been out a year and a half now, so we just won't talk about it. Almost all of my companions have gone home now, so I wasn't able to talk with them in Lubbock, but that's ok. I visited with the ones that are still alive.
So, moving on to the next day, no freak accidents happened to Shameka Hill this week. She was baptized into the church on Saturday. It is always a great feeling to witness one of your investigators coming closer to Christ through baptism. The pinnacle of missionary work. For those interested in knowing how many that is now, I know Joe was curious about that in his letter. Shameka was number 7 for me. Before this transfer is up, I will also be getting numbers 8, 9, 10, and 11. Marina Cobb and her three kids, Eli (12), Lucas (11), and Amberly (8) have now been taught everything and were interviewed for baptism yesterday and passed. We were going to do it this week, but some of her family requested to do it next Saturday, September 5th, so they could have some time to prepare and get everyone there, so that is what we will do. I could also get number 12 sometime soon. Charlie Harper, the guy who broke his leg, could potentially get baptized soon. We've heard stories here recently of people getting baptized with a broken leg. One guy a few months ago got baptized with no legs, so it is possible.
So, before I sign off, two small items of news. Last week I sent another photo CD - Eastland part 4. If it isn't there already, it should get there today or tomorrow, so keep your eyes open and contact the Droge household in Bountiful to see the pictures. Last item of news, Elder Wheeler and I were given a new companion. Elder Andrew Frederick of Los Angeles, California has joined us for the remainder of the transfer, which is two more weeks. He is a spanish missionary that was serving in the other side of Roswell, and ran into a rough situation with his own companion, so is now with us until he gets a new one at the beginning of the transfer. It'll be fun. He is very analytical like myself and very detailed and eloquent in the way he does things. Both Elder Wheeler and I get along with him very well. Elder Wheeler even served with him for a transfer a few months back. So that is all for now. Peace Out All!
Elder Adam R Droge
The DrogeMiester
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment