Monday, September 21, 2009

Letter 9-21-09

Dear Family,

Another week has gone by here in the Texas Lubbock Mission and time continues to rush on. September is on the verge of ending and October is looming around the corner. The great news of the week comes in with Charlie Harper, the 85 year old investigator who broke his leg 3 days before his baptism. If you remember the story, a horse slipped and landed right on his leg. 500 pounds right on your leg wouldn´t feel that great if you know what I mean. Well, we visited Charlie this week and what I saw shocked me. Only a month afterwards, it´s almost fully healed. He´s already walking around it! So we discussed it and set the baptism back up for the 27th of this month, which is this upcoming Sunday. That is way exciting.

That is really about it. We did better this week, but still not up to par as to where I would like us to be. That is alright though, I´ll live. I´ve ran into another obstacle as well. Elder Droge´s companion isn´t a big fan of Elder Droge. His personality and how he grew up is completely opposite of me and thus he doesn´t really like to listen to anything I say and gets upset at me for the smallest things. It has actually caused me to grow a lot in the past few weeks. I have been praying alot as well as studying patience and humility and it has taught me alot and given me plenty of opportunities to excersize it. It seems like the story of my mission. I have been given trial after trial after trial. As soon as I overcome one thing, another gets thrown at me. It´s caused me to have a very hard mission, but I have learned alot because of it. Just like Joseph Smith said, if I had not gone through what I have, I would not be the same person I am now. Just have to move forward and endure well and all will be good. I hope all of you have a great week and I will do the same.

Elder Adam R Droge
The DrogeMiester

No comments: