Dear Family,
So, it is Tuesday morning. Like always, no emails on holidays for missionaries because the libraries decide to close at every chance they get. For today I am hanging out with the Zone Leaders. A new transfer is upon us and like aforementioned, my companion, Elder Wheeler is going home. He is now on his way to catch the transfer bus up to Lubbock where he will fly home tomorrow morning. My Spanish companion, Elder Frederick, also got transferred and left with Elder Wheeler an hour ago. So I am companionless until tomorrow afternoon, which is why I am with the Zone Leaders right now. All that I know about my new companion is that his name is Elder Pitts, he has been out for 4 1/2 months, and he is a bigger guy.
So reflecting back, 6 weeks ago, when I first got to Roswell, we (the member that gave us the ride from Hobbs to Roswell) pulled up to my new apartment and waited for 10 minutes or so for my new companion, Elder Wheeler, to show up. When Elder Wheeler arrived, the first thing he told me is to get my scriptures and come with him to an appointment that we had right then. I was surprised at the sudden notion of being put right to work the very moment I got to my new area, but wasn't about to argue. The appointment was with a single mother named Marina Cobb where we taught her the first lesson, the message of the restoration. Great story. As to why I bring that up is that on Sunday, the last day of Elder Droge's 13th transfer, Marina and her kids were confirmed members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints after being baptized the day before. Interesting coincidence. Meet her the first real day of the transfer, confirm her the very last. It's not very often that I get to say that. It was quite a glorious weekend seeing the Cobb family enter their new life as members of Christ's kingdom here on earth. Elder Wheeler and I stood as the 2 witnesses to the baptisms, so I got to see it happen up close. That was fun. I was invited to confirm Marina, that's the third time I've done that on my mission. Lastly, Marina's oldest son Eli, 12 years old, received the Aaronic Priesthood right after church. It's great to end a transfer with 4 baptisms. Momentum is on our side here in Roswell and now I will be assuming the role of senior companion after spending the last 6 weeks as a co-senior with Elder Wheeler. I'm hoping and praying that I will be able to continue what Elder Wheeler and I started. I could use your prayers as well as I set out on this newly opened chapter of my mission. That's all I have for this week. Peace Out!
Oh, and yes, for those people who are statistically minded and are intrigued by numbers, I am now in the double digits with baptisms. 11 is the official number. The last six years the average has been 2 per year per missionary and now look what is happening. That average is increasing dramatically as I am but one of the many to have numbers like these. The Lord has worked wonders here in the TLM. I give all the credit to him.
Elder Adam R Droge
The DrogeMiester
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment