Dear Family,
I am writing this on a Tuesday. Why? Because yesterday was a holiday and the computers were closed everywhere. Holidays are all wonderful and joyous and everything outside of a mission, but not on the mission. Holidays are horrible because everyone is gone, those home don’t want to talk, and we can’t email. Good thing it was P-Day. We almost didn’t email at all this week, but district leader decided to do it today, so you guys are all lucky.
Anyway, a few thoughts on my mind before I get into the letter too far. First off, what are the gas prices up there in Utah? Down here they are 3.80 a gallon for normal unleaded and for diesel in is 4.50. It is skyrocketing and that is ridiculous. Food storage suddenly sounds like a great idea in case truckers go on strike.Sounds like everyone had fun on the Father and Sons outing. Hey Dad, thanks for the pictures. It was cool seeing my home ward again as well as family. I have evidence that they are all alive.
Hey Annie – I have some homework for you. I was reading in the church news about the sister missionary that collapsed in England and died. That is a horrible story. What was worse is that the last name and place she was from was very familiar. Lindsey Spjute from Farmington, Utah. Remember in band the big Tuba player, Russell Spjute? Well, that’s not a very common name. Figure out if they were related in some way then report. It will give you an excuse to write another letter.
One of my highlights for this week was reading Greg’s letter. Thanks for that. That was a wonderful discourse about the justice of God. I enjoyed it and it gave me things to think about. Another very interesting thought arose in my mind because of that letter. If I was born and raised in Texas, would I accept the gospel? I’ve put myself in their shoes, tried to think of what they have been taught via scriptures from the Bible and from their preachers and I’m not sure if I would. It makes me feel grateful that I was born and raised in the Church.
Wendy got that passage of scripture that I left last week. It was 2 Nephi 4. I wasn’t meaning for it to be hard, it was just what was on my mind and I thought that it was very appropriate to what had been going on in my mind. If you want a difficult challenge, try this one:“O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and their children for ever! Go say to them, Get you into your tents again. But as for thee, stand thou here by me, and I will speak into thee all the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgements, which thou shalt teach them, that they may do them in the land which I give them to possess it. Ye shall observe to do therefore as the Lord your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or the left. Ye shall walk in all the ways which the Lord your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that ye may prolong your days in the land which ye shall possess.”
Anyway, I’ve had some requests and softly been cried repentance unto. People want to hear more about missionary work and about experiences that I’ve had. I’ve noticed that I’ve been slothful in that aspect, so I will try to be better. That is why it is important to write, because I don’t always know what to talk about and I didn’t realize that I was being slothful. I’ll try to be better. But to be honest, I have told you about every single investigator that is going anywhere and keeping commitments. But Adam, you have only told us about one investigator! Exactly! Isn’t Texas great? I can tell you all about the investigators that don’t keep commitments, don’t come to church, and many of whom we teach once and never see again. I can mention all the times we spend hours knocking on doors and all the rude people, but I haven’t because I’m not sure you want to hear that. Let me know. There are some things that I can talk about and a few spiritual discourses that I can give via studies and meetings and I would’ve today, but I have no time. Look forward to me talking about what President Rose told us about opposition the other week. Stay Tuned.
Stay strong. Stay firm in the faith. This is the truth. Elder Droge has now left the Building and ran out of time.
DrogeTheElder Adam R.
Elder Adam R Droge Alienator345
No comments:
Post a Comment