Monday, June 16, 2008

Letter 6-9-08

Dear Family,

Well this week was an interesting week. Like I said, it was transfer week and my companion, Elder Hill, got sent away. It’s interesting how they do it. They call you up Monday morning and tell you if you are going or staying. If you are going, all that they say is that you are going north or south and leaving Tuesday or Wednesday. They don’t tell you where you’re going or who your companion is until you get to the area where you are staying. Elder Hill left Tuesday and my new companion, Elder Larrabee got here Wednesday. Elder Larrabee’s dad is in the coastguard so he is from everywhere. Recently from Layton and Boston being his favorite. Tuesday night and Wednesday morning I stayed with the other missionary in town that lost his companion. I had a very interesting experience that I vowed not to tell anyone about while I was with that other missionary. Sorry, but I have to leave you hanging there.

So the rest of this week was a bust. We got in and taught only 2 lessons, one on Thursday and one on Sunday. We did have an investigator at church, so that is really good. Her name is Veronica Allred. Her husband, Evan, is a less-active member who’s whole family is members. His dad is even a branch president. They both were at his brother’s homecoming a while back. Listening to that got her interested in the Gospel. We have been trying to teach them more, but he is really busy at work in the oil field and is like never home and she doesn’t want us to teach her or come to church unless he is there, so that has been an obstacle because he is never home, but like I said, yesterday they randomly showed up at church. We have taught them the first lesson and are working on the second. Hopefully we will get that in sometime. When we taught the first lesson a month back it was really good. They invited us over for dinner and we had the lesson afterwards. She said she’d start reading the Book of Mormon more once summer comes and summer is here so hopefully she will start and hopefully we will be able to teach them the second lesson, the plan of salvation, here really soon.

So one more thing that is really cool. This is actually specifically for Dad. We had dinner with a member down here, Quinn Carroll. You should know him. He graduated high school from Bountiful High in 1970, a year before you. He was in band. He played the Saxophone. He talked about a cool song that he composed/arranged during the summer. It was two popular songs in that day that he put together. It was four pages long with many different parts. The whole band played it during a concert and he even conducted it when they played. He said that you should remember that song. We grabbed his yearbook and we looked through it and I was able to see your junior picture in his yearbook. It’s a small world isn’t it?

Anyway, that’s about it for this week. One of these weeks that I have nothing to talk about or respond to I’ll give you that shpeal about opposition that I really liked, but not this week. I’ll leave you hanging again.

So far no one has guessed my recent scripture trivia, so it will stand again this week.

Good Luck and Peace Out

DrogeTheElder Adam R

(PS – Bruce, I’m glad you like my closing title. Looks familiar, doesn’t it?)

Elder Adam R Droge Alienator345

No comments: