Friday, September 12, 2008

Letter 7-28-08

Dearest Family,

First thing, thanks to Mom/Bruce/Joe for getting the shoes and the nerds to the Bushmans. The Bushmans are one of the best couples in the world. He is like an energizer bunny and has been bishop twice. It was fun for you to meet them. He likes and collects old stuff and so he told me that he enjoyed the old house and wished that mom would’ve taken him on a tour of the house.

Dave answered the trivia questions right. Which brother did Nephi raise from the dead? Timmothy. Who is Mormon’s grandson? Moroni. This week we do a scripture challenge. They are short scriptures, so we have a few them.

“Doth the wild [donkey] bray when he hath grass? or loweth the ox over his fodder? Can that which is unsavory be eaten without salt? or is there any taste in the white of an egg?”
Those are weird questions to ask.

“Am I a sea, or a whale, that thou settest a watch over me?”
Ha! That’s a hilarious retort to someone who is following you or won’t get off your back.

“I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.”
Heck yes!

“Canst thou make him afraid as a grasshopper? the glory of his nostrils is terrible.
Now that’s funny imagery.

Alright, those should keep you occupied for a while. Let the search begin.

So it seems that Greg has had a fun summer. That was fun to hear about. Everyone decides to go on way fun trips when I am gone. Did you know that I live in Utah and haven’t yet been to the Arches?
Greg also tells me that Wendy is pregnant, but for some odd reason I haven’t accepted that right off the bat. I wonder why… Maybe it’s because he said that in his last letter and has a habit of pulling pranks and jokes…

So Joe, that is way awesome that you made Jazz Band. That is way fun. It would’ve been fun to be in Jazz Band, but French Horns aren’t a part of it and I didn’t ever feel like picking up the trumpet in order to join. Trombone section leader is also way fun. That means that you will probably get to do at least a solo or two during a performance. Also, you mention about presidencies and how when Travis was made president, you got left out. It’s funny how that works. I was teacher’s quorum president back in the day and I had my presidency all figured out in my head for like a week and then for some reason, the night before I was supposed to tell brother Baker about it, it didn’t feel right and so I changed it at the last minute to something that did feel right. It wasn’t until later that I figured why it was necessary to do it the way I did. So don’t feel left out. Many times people are called to a position because they need it for themselves and it will help them to be a better leader and a better person.

Anyway, story of the week on my side comes last Monday, a few hours after I emailed my letter for last week. A little bit of background. There is a man in our ward who went on a mission, graduated BYU, and got married in the Temple. Well, after all that, he fell away and is now against all religion. Sad story, but the good part is that his wife is still an active member of the church and has taken their kids to church by herself every week even though her husband won’t even let their kids get baptized. Well, their oldest son is now 18 years old and is on his way to BYU Idaho this next semester. Last Monday, they decided that he is old enough to make the decision for himself and he decided that he wanted to get baptized. So when we were relaxing on P-Day last week we got a call from the ward mission leader saying that he will get baptized the next day, so we went in and taught him all 4 lessons at once in the space of 2 hours, interviewed him right after, and he was baptized the next day. He also got confirmed the next day and was ordained a priest in the aaronic priesthood yesterday. Way cool. The look on his mom’s face when he was baptized was priceless.

Anyway, that’s all for this week. Peace out all.


Elder Adam R Droge
Befriendor345

No comments: