Friday, September 12, 2008

Letter 9-8-08

Dear Family,

Well, another week has come and gone. I only received one family letter this week. That made me sad. L. That’s ok though. I suspect that the transition of addresses made it rough to transition in your system of letter-sending, so no hard feelings. Next time I say I get transferred, just send the mail to the mission office, that’s the one address in Lubbock that should be in the original book from my call, and they’ll know where to forward it to.

I wrote happy Birthday to mom last week because her birthday had just happened a day earlier, but what I didn’t realize at that exact moment is that Byron’s Birthday was the next day. That made me feel wonderful… Sorry. So, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BYRON!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!” Hope it went well. I sang happy birthday that evening around my companion. He was a little confused, but then I told him that it was my brother’s birthday and I was just singing to him. Too bad you couldn’t hear me. It was wonderful.
Bruce gets a song next Monday because his birthday is on Sunday and that is close enough to next P-day that I won’t feel bad, but just let you know that I haven’t forgotten.

Joe – I got your letter this last week that you wrote on August 25th and you made me do some serious thinking. 8th grade was a long time ago for me, but I remembered what classes I took:
Band – Mr. King
French – Mrs. Olsen
Geometry – Mrs. Barton
Science – Mr. Wood
English – Miss Oveson
History – Mrs. Beckman
Health – Mr. Magalei ----- Gym – Mr. Duckworth
I feel proud of myself for remembering. Those last two, Health and Gym, were the one-semester classes while the others were all one-year. I don’t know how many of those teachers are still there. You should let me know. I don’t think I ever had Mr. King first period, but yet I can’t say for sure. By the way, tell him hi for me and mention I am on a mission in Texas. Mr. Allred wasn’t there when I was, if that answers that question. You also mentioned the weather. Funny thing was that where I was at during the summer in Midland it wasn’t all that hot. At least not as hot as I expected. It was always around the same temperature as Bountiful was. Late May and early June it got around 105 for several days, but that was as hot as it got. June, July, and August it rarely got over 100. Humidity wasn’t that bad either, but it was present occasionally and that wasn’t too fun. It feels like walking into the bathroom directly after someone just took a shower or bath, but it’s all over the place. It seemed to only be around when it was stormy, which was rare. East Texas is where it gets way humid all of the time, so I lucked out.

While I wait on more information from Dad and others on Alma’s authority (Dave’s article was helpful, I just want to see what else people can pull out) let me throw out another debate for everyone to look up and give me information on. “Polygamy is a celestial law. True or False and why.” My companion and I have differing views on that so some information would be nice. I believe that there is some great information in that Booklet I got from my BYU Book of Mormon class around the Jacob chapter 2 section. If I could get a copy of what that says, that would be great. Any other views would be good as well because apparently there are several missionaries in this mission that have the same view as my companion, so I will be warring for a while.

Anyway, about Brady. We still had a low week last week. Since both of us are new in town, we spent a little more time getting to know the people and getting a feel for the area. We feel like we have it pretty much down now so this upcoming week will be a lot better and I will actually have some stories to tell you about. We do have some good and interesting investigators and I promise that I will have more to talk about and more missionary stories to tell. But until then, I have got to go. Talk to ya later!!

Elder Adam R Droge
Antialienator345

No comments: