Friday, September 12, 2008

Letter 8-4-08

Dear Family,
First off – we’ve had a few birthdays, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SHAWN AND SARAH!!! Let me know how everything went. I hope it was good.

Joe - I got a letter this week that said that I was lucky because I got two letters from you in one week. Well, that was the only letter that I got. I was very confused. Either the other letter got lost in the mail somehow or it was sent late. Just thought I’d let you know that I never got that second letter yet… but thanks for those pictures. They were great. I especially liked the one with Henry in the Easter basket. That was fun.

Dad – That scripture you sent is Alma 26:22. To make you feel good, I didn’t use the Bible dictionary and here in Texas as a missionary, I don’t go to the normal Sunday School class. I just found it off the top of my head. But it was very good. I like that chapter. It has a good message.

Shawn – If you somehow get this letter, I found some cool information. There is a member down here named Jeff Tew that served in the Oklahoma Tulsa mission from 1999 to 2001. I don’t know if you know him, but I believe he was there when you were there so let me know.

This week was a good week for me. Wednesday was zone conference. First zone conference with President Robison. It was really good. He is a great mission president. He lectured on obedience and laid down many of his rules so we know where he stands. He is a lot more chill then President Rose was. I see it as a comparison between Nephi and Captain Moroni. Moroni was a very bold, blunt, powerful man who probably spoke with power in his voice, but could also be very kind and loving at the same time. That was President Rose. Nephi was softer and more chill in his personality and the way he talked and acted, but was also very loving, obedient, and really amazing and powerful in a different sort of way. That is President Robison. I may have mentioned this before, but I’ll say it again because I can’t remember for sure, but President Robison was actually an NFL referee from 1988 to 1997. He told some stories from his refereeing days at zone conference. He also worked in the Davis County School District for 30 years at several different positions, including a basketball coach, so that is way cool.

This Sunday, Milan Eoff, the first baptism we got in July, got up and bore his testimony in Sacrament Meeting. That was really awesome. He is very smart and knows what he needs to do. It has all made sense to him and he has a great testimony of the gospel. That is way cool.

Anyway, no one got any of the scriptures from last week so they still stand as the trivia for this week as well. Mom is stumped. Dad is searching hard, but has yet to find it. So keep looking. If I feel nice enough, I may give a clue if this has stumped people. But it shouldn’t, so press forward and I will work on the ones that Byron gave me just barely.

Remember, I love pictures, but I don’t have very much storage space in myldsmail.net – 50 MB to be exact. Send how you want, just keep in mind that if I have hard copies then I can keep them forever without having to send them to my old email to view in 19 months.

Peace out all and have a great week!


Elder Adam R Droge
Befriendor345

No comments: