Dear Family,
I believe I left everyone hanging last week. I said I had news to share. Well, I do, but I also don’t have a lot of time. We had something come up and I got to emails late, so I have to be short. The news though is transfers. In the past I told every one of transfers the week of transfers. Well, I’ve said that people should write to the old address and missionaries will forward it, but no one ever listens, so I decided that when I get transferred, I won’t let people know until a week later when I have my new address. That way they are forced to listen to because they don’t know anything else. We’ll see how that goes. But yes, they called me up last Monday and said that I am getting transferred again and going south on Wednesday. So I get on the bus and someone hands me a brand new cell phone. I check it out and it tells me my area. You’ll never guess what it is! EASTLAND!!!!!!! They have sent me back to re-open Eastland. I am way excited. However, being in Eastland brings a big responsibility. The area was closed once on me and I know that if I don’t get things going that it could easily get closed on me again and that would be no bueno. This time around I am not in the branch presidency. President didn’t really like the idea. It was good experience, but now we should be focused more on missionary work and not on branch presidency work. While the area was closed, the Abilene Elders went up there twice a week and the actually missionary work started to pick up, so they decided to give Eastland another try and I guess the best missionary to put back in there would be one who knows the area good – me.
So that’s the good news, the scary news comes from the call that came last Sunday. They have called me to be a senior companion. Slap. Ouch. I was enjoying being a junior companion. It is a lot easier to be a follower than a leader, but this will be good for me. I know all of you are diligently following all my many companions that I’ve had, in this last year I have had 7 companions, 8 if you include the MTC. Here is the newest companion. Elder Jonathan Clark Reed from Boise, Idaho. He has been out 3 months. I am his second companion and this is his second area. 5th area for me. That is it though for this week. Have a great week!
Oh yes, here is the address:
Elder Adam R Droge
1099 Lago Vista Blvd #223
Eastland, TX 76448
(Same address as last with different apartment number)
Elder Adam R Droge
The DrogeMiester
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment