Dear Family,
So I forgot to mention one thing last week. It can get cold in Texas. About a week and a half ago, we experienced something called freezing rain. It rains, but since it is below freezing outside, the rain freezes up when it gets to the ground, so the whole city gets covered with a thin layer of ice. It’s quite cool. Literally. :). I took pictures of it, so you can look forward to seeing that in a month or so. I was quite amused. Luckily it was minor or bad things could happen because Texans don’t know how to drive. If it gets worse, it’s called an ice storm. An ice storm is the same thing, but it rains a lot harder and so it can be very dangerous. We only got freezing rain, not an ice storm. It’s like getting a snow storm instead of a blizzard. Outside that the weather has been really nice. January’s highs were, for the most part in the 60’s and 70’s with it getting to the 80’s on occasion. What is weird though is the fact that we’d wake up one day and the weather decided to be in the 30’s or 40’s for a day or two and we’d get really cold, but then it’d get warm again. The bad thing about Texas when it does get cold is that it is very miserable because of the wind. The wind just eats you alive because it is always blowing in your face and it freezes you. Not very fun, but I survive, because unlike Utah, when it’s cold down here, you know you can wait and it’ll be warm the next day. When Utah gets cold, it just stays cold.
Anyways, we were scheduled to have a baptism last week, like I’d been talking about, but unfortunately it didn’t happen. That’s ok, though. Don’t panic. He was all ready and then he went into his interview. Well, in his interview he realized that he missed a part in the word of wisdom. He understood most of it, but it didn’t hit him that he wasn’t supposed to drink coffee or tea. As to who’s fault that was doesn’t really matter. He committed not to drink either and now just has to wait patiently for 2 weeks. We were going to do it this upcoming Saturday, Valentine’s Day, but he will be out of town the next day for the confirmation and so bishop asked us to do it the 21st so we can do the confirmation they way the church prefers us to do it, the very next Sunday in Sacrament meeting rather than putting it off for a week. He’s ready and will get baptized so all is well. He won’t even have to be re-interviewed.
I do have some other news to relay, but for a wise purpose, I am waiting until next week to give it out. You’ll find out what it is and why I waited a week next time, so stay tuned and don’t be shy to write me if something major happens. If there is news to relay and everyone expects someone else to write me, no ever says anything. Why do I bring this up? Not to make anyone feel bad or anything, but I just found out for the first time today that Annie is pregnant. Apparently she is due next month. I almost got a new nephew without ever knowing about it... Oops... :). Don’t worry, all’s well! Have a great week everyone!
Elder Adam R Droge
The DrogeMiester
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment