Dear Family,
Wow. The 20th has rolled around again. That means it has been 14 months since I have left. Scary. So I really don’t have much to say this week, but I have an interesting thought. There was an investigator that we had that had a concern about the fall, so I decided to read the account of Adam and Eve in the book of Moses. In doing so I came across a scripture that gave an idea that I had never really known. Here is the scripture:
“And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all livingãB fore thus have I, the Lord God, called the first of all women, which are many” (Moses 4:26).
It was that last part that caught me, ‘for thus have I…called the first of all women, which are many.’ I didn’t quite know what that meant, so I looked at the footnotes and found a cross reference for earlieer in eMoses:
“And worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose; and by the son I created them, which is mine only begotten.And the first man of all men have I called Adam, which is many.But only an account of this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, give I unto you. For behold, there are many worlds that have passed away by the word of my power. And there are many that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man; but all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them” (Moses 1:33-35).
So, if I interpreted that right, those two scriptures are saying that God created many worlds that are inhabited by people and the first two people on every earth were named Adam and Eve. That is an interesting thought that I’ve never heard before. Studying those scriptures, and looking at more cross references, also poses lots of other questions and interesting insights, some of which we may never find out in this life, but it’s interesting to think about. The Pearl of Great Price is loaded. Its name is very fitting. That is all I had for this week. Some time in the next week or two I will make and send a photo CD of me in Big Spring. I was going to combine Big Spring and Eastland Part 3, but I have racked up enough photos in Eastland this time around to separate them. I would’ve done it this week, but the machine at Wal-Mart was down, so it’ll have to wait. Anyways, that’s all folks! Peace out!
Elder Adam R Droge
The DrogeMiester
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment