Thursday, April 30, 2009

Letter 4-27-09

Dear Family,

I don’t have much time this week. I spent most of my email time doing other things. This last week was a little rough, but with patience and diligence, we persevered and made it through with smiles on our faces. This morning I read a great story in Mosiah 24 that boosted my spirits. You all know the story. Alma and his people had been taken captive by the Lamanites and the Amulonites and went through much affliction, but the Lord did visit them in their afflictions and delivered them out. The moral of the story that came to me that can be applied in our everyday lives is that the Lord promises all of us that he will visit us in our afflictions, so we need to submit to the will of the Lord cheerfully and with much patience. Another theme of this week was consecration. President Robison asked us to study it and so I did and it so happens that the Sunday school lesson was on consecration. When I studied consecration, I did a webster’s dictionary tour. I looked up the word consecration, wrote down the definition and then looked up the words in that definition and continued on with that effect until I got a definition that I really liked. Here it is: To consecrate is “to be highly serious in binding your whole soul to a particular course or purpose.” Binding our whole soul. Very good counsel from Webster. That is what we need to do. Bind ourselves to Christ and his gospel, sacrificing what we need to in order to make that possible. True to the Faith has some very good insights when it defines sacrifice. I don’t have the time to elaborate this week, so that will be my homework for all of you this week. Study the section in True to the Faith about sacrifice and then report any insights to me. Thank you and have a nice week.

Elder Adam R Droge
The DrogeMiester

No comments: