Dear family,
So I made mention a few weeks back when I was talking about the cookbook that I may not be in Eastland very much longer. Umm, well, I was wrong. I didn’t think I’d ever pull off a 4 transfer (6 month) companion and a 6 transfer (9 month) area, but I have. I’ll be staying here in Eastland till at least the End of July now. I was thinking, after this transfer I have 5 transfers (7 months) left. If I were to stay in Eastland with Elder Reed for the rest of my mission I will have tied Dad’s record that he always talks about. 15 months in one area and 10 months with the same companion. Think I can make it? Well I certainly hope not. That might drive me crazy. As much as I love Eastland, I would love to go to at least one more area, hopefully two. I have this weird goal of being able to see the whole mission, serving in all 5 zones. Most missionaries get close, but I have a weird record of only hitting 2 zones, those being the two southern zones. I’ve served the Texas Lubbock South mission. I have yet to meet a missionary to pull off the same feat as me. It would be nice to break that streak make it north some time and get to Lubbock, Amarillo, or New Mexico, but we’ll see what happens. In concordance with that (me being in Eastland for a while, I've made the decision to split up the photo CD's for my second stay in Eastland. Eastland part 3 will be coming to you shortly. And no, it will not include pictures of the wolf spider I took. Those will be on Eastland part 4, which will not come till at least August. But I did get some good pictures on part 3, so it'll be ok.
So outside that, the only other news is that I laugh at Texans once again. Every time they see a dark cloud they say that a tornado is coming. It is quite comical. Yes, it is tornado season here in June, but I doubt that I’ll ever see a tornado. I think in the last week Eastland County was under 2 or 3 tornado watches, with surrounding counties getting a tornado warning. We did get some good storms and good pictures for me, but in my opinion, none were even close to what we experienced in Utah that one year. I looked at the clouds and said to myself, ‘we ain’t gonna get no tornado today.’ (I don’t know if I actually said it that way, but that is how any Texan would say it). However, if a tornado does come our way, don’t you worry, I’ll be ready. …ready to take a picture! Mwa ha ha! That would complete my mission. A picture of a hurricane would be fun, too, but those don’t touch our mission. We’re too far west, dangit. All we get when a hurricane hits is a little bit of rain. Anyway, on that note, I’m signing off. Peace out!
Elder Adam R Droge
The DrogeMiester
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment