Dear Family,
Well I hope all is well with everyone. Thanks for all the recipes that were sent. If you still desire to send some to contribute to the Eastland Branch cookbook, you still have some time. I’d say tomorrow is the deadline to get them sent. So that’s that. I’m still plugging away here in Eastland. Only God knows how long I will remain. Not a whole lot to report on this week. After our two baptisms of Josh and McKayla, we’ve had a minor dry spell. I try not to let that happen, but sometimes it just does. I feel kinda bad. President Robison instructed on the idea of an escalator effect and not an elevator effect. He said that some missionaries will work hard, then get a ton of baptisms at once and then start from scratch and a while later get a ton more baptisms. That’s the elevator effect. What is much better is to have the escalator. Once you get someone baptized you should have someone right behind them ready to get baptized then continue down having someone on each level of progression. Then you don’t skip a beat in your work. I tried to do that here in Eastland, but people just decided jump off my escalator, so once we got our baptisms, there was quite the jump in going to the next step where there was someone present. Oh well. What can you do? When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. We must press forward with a perfect brightness of hope and a love of God and all men, feasting upon the words of Christ. Good things will come. They just don’t always come in the way and time I expect them to. That’s quite alright. I can find comfort in knowing that God hasn’t forgotten about his children in Eastland, Texas. He will prepare a way for them to come to the light. But if not, I will still trust in the Lord. Have a dandy week everyone.
Elder Adam R Droge
The DrogeMiester
No comments:
Post a Comment