Dear Family,
Well another week has come and gone. This last Sunday, as I’m sure all of you know, was Father’s Day. Typically, holidays aren’t too big for missionaries, but it’s nice to have a special day where we can think of our fathers, even though we don’t get to call home on like we get to on Mother’s Day. Nothing too exciting happened, outside the fact that Elder Reed and I spoke in sacrament meeting here in Eastland. That’s happened several times here in Eastland. I think I have spoken 4 or 5 times since coming here last October. Joys of being missionaries in a small branch. This time I talked about a very good story that pertains well to fathers. Alma the younger went about destroying the church and was a very wicked and idolatrous man. What happened? He had a lovely visit from a friendly angel that kinda chastised him a little. Turns out that Alma decided not to argue and was born of God and spent the rest of his life as an amazing servant. Well, it’s not very often that something like that happens. There are a lot of wicked people on the earth and not too many get the opportunity of being chastised by angel from the other side of the veil. So why Alma? Well, in Mosiah 27, verse 12 I think, the angel clearly states that he came to convince Alma of the power of God because his father prayed with much faith that he would. That is a good lesson taught right there. Every one of us should learn from this great father. We have people we know that have strayed from the path or that have never got on the path and we are obligated to pray for them and help them out. We can’t just pray any old prayer. We have to pray with faith. Dad must’ve had a revelation of what story to send this past week because the one he sent went along perfectly and I actually used it in my talk. It’s about a story of a town that is about to die because of no rain. They all gather in to pray and rain comes. As they are celebrating they see a seven year old girl who had an umbrella. What’s the significance to that? Well, she had so much faith that she expected the rain to come, despite the circumstances, and thus brought an umbrella with her. That’s the type of faith we need to have. That is the type of faith that Alma Sr. had towards his son and because of it, a miracle happened. Praying with that type of faith does indeed produce miracles and that is the type of faith we need to have. As I think about that, I have a long way to go; I’ll get there one of these days. But anyway, have a nice week everyone.
Elder Adam R Droge
The DrogeMiester
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment