Saturday, March 1, 2008

Family Letter -- February 20th 2008

We were starting to wonder if this first letter would ever come! The letter is dated February 20th, 2008. I edited a couple spellings but here it is:

February 20th, 2008

Hello Family,

It’s crazy to think that I am already here, but I am. It’s started to sink in that I am now a missionary. I am ready to get started and work.

However, it has been a little overwhelming. There has been a lot of stuff to take in and lots of information to try and remember. It seems like a lot of the information goes right over my head and I feel like I’ll never remember, but I have faith that I will. The missionaries that toured us around and gave us lots of info have only been there for a week and they seem to have got it down pretty good.

Anyway, today was a day that lots of good words were said. One thing that they stressed a lot was [writing] things down. A dull pencil is better than a sharp mind. So that is what I’ve done. I have lots of things written down. A few things stuck out to me. We need to do good. Abraham Lincoln said, “When I do good, I feel good, but when I don’t do good, I don’t feel good.” We also need to keep a smile on our faces. Keep a good attitude.

Anyway, I don’t have a lot of time, but just letting you know that I am doing good. The MTC is wonderful. The spirit is strong here. They treat me well. I love you all.

Adam -- Elder Droge

PS – The watch Joey gave me would be really nice to have right now…

No comments: