Friday, March 7, 2008

The Missing Letter

No I didn't die. I sent a letter last week to droge@googlegroups.com, but after I logged out it sent a message back saying it couldn't send it. So by memory I tried to send it to everyone's email. Whoever gets this first, forward it to the family email.

So my packet told me that there would be no email at the MTC. I feel betrayed and lied to. Oh well...

Discression - I am only able to check email once a week and I only have a half an hour to do it. So Please, do not send me email at this address. My companion is district leader of our 8 person district and we go check the mail twice a day, so please, do it the old fashioned way when you write, or actually, jump on to dearelder.com. I'm not quite sure on how exactly it works, but I know that it is really fast. I believe it sends it to the MTC through the internet and as soon as the MTC gets it, they print it up and put it in the mailbox, just like that. Shawn wrote from Tennessee and I got it the very next day. Some people have even got letters the same day.
Anyway, Mom wrote and asked me if I believed that I have been here a week already. Well, time seems different here. While life in the outside world has gone by in the speed of light, here in the MTC I feel like I've been here a month. Its truly incredible. I've learned a ton. I feel like a brand new person. I teach, testify, pray, learn, and study many times a day. Its really been an incredible experience. I absolutely love. The gospel is true.

A little bit about my 8 missionary district. First off, my companion. If anyone needs a witness of this church, read this story. There are a few mathematicians out there, so tell me the probability of this happening. Two young men from Utah work at Arctic Circle during high school, go to BYU for a semester after high school, get called to the same mission on the same day, recieve their endowments at the Bountiful Temple at the same session, and become companions at the MTC. Yes, Elder Derrick Craven is my companion here. It is really cool. We work together well.

The others in my district are also very amazing, we really connect. 4 of us are going to Lubbock. There is a sister from Australia. It is fun to hear her talking. But there is one in particular that I have been very curious about, so I am going to have to ask someone, mom most likely, to talk to Aunt Lorraine and give me feedback. There is a sister in our district that is going to the Lubbock mission as well that is named Savannah Moyes. She got here the same day as me. She has brown hair and is just over 5 feet tall. Someone talk to Lorraine and tell me if there is a relationship between us. that would be amazing.

The highlight of this last week has been at the RC (referal center) where we basically proselite on the phone. The outbound calls are a little discouraging, but the people who call in are a blessing to talk to. They have been prepared to recieve the gospel. One imparticular lady that called me was really golden. She worked all day, everyday, and has been really stressed. She has been praying to god everyday to help her find a way out of it and recieve something more, so she finally decided to call the number on the card that the missionaries gave her for a free finding faith in christ DVD. I testified to her as well and got her to accept the missionaries. It was amazing. This work is great.

Anyway, my time is almost up, but I love you all. I have recieved very little letters compared to the others in my district so please write me. Time goes by slower here and I feel like everyone but Mom, Bruce, Joey, Shawn, and Dave have died. Remember dearelder.com. It is amazing.

Love, Elder Droge

PS - Marlin K Jensen of the seventy came this tuesday and gave a wonderful talk about the conversion process.

No comments: