Like I said in the email just sent, I sent an email to the family email and just found out it didn't work. so I tried to remember everyone's email, but couldn't really, so some of you I tried two emails. Someone forward this to the family email. When i get out in Texas, I will send you my Texas address and someone can send through snail mail everyone's emails. Or you can send it to the package address and they might forward it. ANWAY ---
I've decided this week that I must not be in Utah county. It has either been destroyed or gone apostate. I have recieved absolutley no letters from anyone in Utah County, family or friend. Everyone at home in Bountiful has sent me two letters, Byron donated this watch and saved my life. Shawn and Dave from Syracuse and Tennesse have also sent 2 letters. So shame on everyone in Utah County!! (Did my address get posted on the blog? That could've been the problem. Make sure to do that when I get out in Texas.
Bruce - Thanks for the American Idol updates. I'm glad the Colton guy went home last week. He took the place of the politician guy who should've made it to the top 24. I was saddened by Robby Carico going home. He was cool. BTW - did the apprentice get cancelled? I was anxious to see how that turned out. Someone should tell me about it. Has March Maddness been cancelled too? I want to know how BYU does and who wins.
Side note - Letters got to me in 2 or 3 days, for those of you who were worried (and actually wrote...). Not 5. I just sent that first letter a day or so late. I did send Mike's birthday card Home and also I just sent an anniversary card for them home so make sure to pass those on to them peoples in Bountiful.
If anyone goes to Temple Square in the next 18 months, look out for a sister Ward from Australia. She is the sister of the Australian sister in our district. Say hi to her for me. If she doesn't know me say that I was a good friend to her sister who is going to New Hampshire.
On to the main thing that I wanted to write about this week. Elder Holland of the quorum of the Twelve Apostles came and spoke Tuesday. It was the best talk I have ever heard and had the most raw emotion that I've ever seen from an apostle. He started out by saying how much he loved and appreciated us missionaries and how important it is to be serving a mission. our mission is the same type of mission as an apostle's. He called us apostles with a lowercase "a." Many people including little children and investigors look up to us and believe we are perfect so we should act that way and not dissapoint them. He then went on to talk about Moses 1:39. He stressed that we need to know that this is the Lord's work and we need to do it the lords way. If we memorize it in our hearts the mission rules shouldn't be a problem. 180 years went into making that handbook so we should trust it. If we want to do things our own way, that's ok, but if we do then we need to take our nametags off because thats not what we're here for. If we follow the rules then we will be able to teach by the spirit with power and authority. If we are doing this, we should remember that not everyone will listen to us and many times we will fell down. When this happens we need to reflect back on to the last week of the savior's life and remember that he felt abandoned by everyone including his friends, his country, his head apostle, and his father. He descended below us all. We need to remember him and be able to defend him boldly. Let him count on us.
Friday, March 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment