Sunday, March 16, 2008

Letter 3-10-08

10 Mar 08

Hello Family!

Well, it was great calling from the airport and talking to you all. I just wanted to write and give you an update on how I’m doing. After I hung up, we waited a while to get on the plane. It was delayed for 20 minutes, but I got on and experienced my first plane ride. It was great, but rough at the same time. It was quite the scene riding through and above the clouds and looking at the landscape far below. It felt like I was flying to heaven. We landed in the Dallas, Fortworth airport a few hours later, waited another hour and took off to Lubbock.

Texas is really flat, with no mountains. Because of that, my sense of direction is absolutely lost. I still don’t know the difference between North or West. It’s also really dry and hot. But it is great. I am doing well. President Rose was there at the Lubbock airport. He is amazing. My biggest suitcase ran away though. I hope it decides to return to me. I hope it’s not off to Detroit, because that’s where our plan was off to.

I have my new assignment; I will serve in Midland, Texas. Here is my address:

Elder Adam R. Droge
3600 North Midland 14B
Trinity Place
Midland, TX 79707

Pretend that other address in the book doesn’t exist. It will take longer to get to me and packages don’t get forwarded. Pass that along to everyone and post it on elderdroge.blogspot.com. I want a lot of letters to make me feel happy. J I got no letters from friends at the MTC so I hope that changes. Anyway, I’ll write via email later.

P-days are Mondays. Make sure to get everyone’s emails to me preferably before then. I love you and miss you all!

-Elder Adam R. Droge


No comments: